The World Association for Cooperative & Work-Integrated Education (WACE) seeks a new leader to replace Dr. Paul Stonely who is retiring in June of 2018 after 13 years as WACE CEO. The WACE Executive Committee has created a Nomination Committee who will conduct a search for a President to lead WACE. The Nomination Committee created the following position announcement and is now seeking qualified applicants. They are asking all interested, qualified applicants to submit the requested material to email@example.com. Only material received at this email address will be considered.
Executive Search President of WACE (World Association for Cooperative & Work Integrated Education)
At the recent WACE World Conference in Thailand Dr. Paul Stonely announced his plan to retire as CEO of the WACE organization on June 30,2018. The WACE Executive Committee of the Board now seeks his replacement.
The Nomination Committee of the Executive Committee of the WACE Board requests applicants to send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org three PDF files in English: 1) a letter requesting to be considered, including a proposal on how the commitments of the position will be met by the applicant, 2) a resume or a curriculum vitae. 3) a list of three - five names of individuals who can be contacted for references by the applicant should the Nomination Committee request letters. Applications received by October 30, 2017 will receive full consideration. All communications with the Nomination Committee are expected to be electronic and in English, including any letters of recommendation and invited interviews by SKYPE or other means. The Nomination Committee expects to present finalists to the Executive Committee no later than December 2017 for a final decision no earlier than January of 2018.
On behalf of the Executive Committee, The Nomination Committee wishes to present the following guidelines, which are negotiable, to those who may wish to apply.
- The term of the next President of WACE will begin on July 1, 2018 and is expected to run until June, 30, 2020. It is renewable by the Executive Committee.
- The Presidential position is envisioned to be half-time but could be more depending on negotiation with the Executive Committee. Compensation will be in the form of an annual honorarium at the appropriate level.
- The President will have responsibility and oversight of staff, finances and operations of WACE, accountable to the Executive Committee.
- The President may be located anywhere in the world, but will take charge of the staff and the operations of the WACE secretariat, which is currently located at University of Massachusetts at Lowell in Lowell, Massachusetts, USA.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience at senior academic level and/or executive level within Higher Education or in Industry, and have a commitment to and expertise in the field of CWIE (Cooperative and Work Integrated Education). This field includes paid and unpaid Internships as well as various models of Cooperative Education. It also includes undergraduate research, service learning, clinical rotations, and other forms of CWIE as practiced around the world. Candidates will appreciate the current operations and programs of WACE and its network-of-networks nature, including ISOs (International Satellite Offices) and the WACE Japan Office, as described on the website at www.waceinc.org.
- Importantly, the successful candidate will have the capacity to lead the WACE organization into a future that is characterized by an increased interest in CWIE in a globalized world and one that contains important and growing regional or national organizations.
- WACE is a self-financing organization and applicants are expected to demonstrate how they would maintain and work to enhance WACE revenue streams.
- Inquires should be directed to the Nomination Committee at email@example.com