V) Academic Salon (i.e. Roundtable Discussion)
This discussion-based, roundtable format session is adopted from WACE’s Eighth International Symposium in Graz, Austria. Academic Salon presenters should select one of the four topics listed below around which to focus his/her session and should be prepared for an interactive, discussion-based session with no formal presentation of his/her paper. Academic Salon presenters are encouraged to bring handouts, use flipcharts, and to not bring copies of a formal paper. The Academic Salon presenter should both share and gain information during this session.
(Please see ABSTRACT SUBMISSION Form to select topic.) Academic Salon presenters will be paired with one, two, or three other presenters of the same topic.
Academic Salon (i.e. Roundtable Discussion) Topics:
1) Research related to Cooperative & Work-Integrated Education
2) Internationalization & Globalization of Cooperative & Work-Integrated Education Programs
3) Innovative Partnership Models for Cooperative & Work-Integrated Education Programs
4) Innovative Pedagogical Models for Cooperative & Work-Integrated Education Programs
Academic Salon (i.e. Roundtable Discussion) Guidelines:
Academic Salons will be scheduled for an hour and a half slot with intermittent presentation and discussion. Please keep in mind that this hour and a half time slot will be shared by two or three other presenters.
- No PowerPoint presentations are allowed for this session type.
- A Full Paper Should NOT be submitted for an Academic Salon Session.
Academic Salon (i.e. Roundtable Discussion) Deadlines:
September 1, 2010 – March 1, 2011: Abstract Submission Period
(with rolling review & acceptance: early submissions are highly recommended)
By May 1, 2011: All Academic Salon Leaders Must Register to be included in Program