This International Colloquium, which is the first of its kind for WACE, is designed exclusively for our current 48 Global Institutional and Industry Partners as an intensive two-and-a-half day program, during which participants will focus on pathways to engagement between institutions & industry – historically one of our network’s greatest challenges. We hope to establish these pathways to engagement through facilitated discussion, during which participants will exchange experiences; network on a more in-depth level than typically allotted at other types of WACE events; and ultimately establish various international exchanges, partnerships, and plans of action that move beyond this Colloquium. External stakeholders will provide brief presentations to provide participants with inspiration to stimulate discussion.
Colloquium Theme: “Industry & Institutional Engagement”
- How can WACE’s Global Partners collaborate and maximize the benefits of belonging to our international, multi-sectored network?
- How can we work together to develop and strengthen engagement between business and higher education?
- How can we create LIW (Learning Integrated Work), including degree and non-degree programs, as well as strengthen our International WIL (Work Integrated Learning) Programs?
- How can we expand our international exchanges (students, work opportunities, research, MOU’s, etc.)?
- What evidence is available in terms of costs and benefits for both education and research?
- How can we utilize alumni networks more effectively in regard to sustainable business-university linkages?
- How can we internationalize WIL in a cost-effective manner? How can university partners internationalize their business networks? What could be the role of LIW in this undertaking?
- What can partners learn from each other in regard to building lasting business-university engagement? Good and bad experiences welcome!
Other Topics are under consideration by the Planning Committee; you are encouraged to send us your ideas for topics as well. Please note that the above topics pose questions - - not answers - - a strategy we hope will inspire discussion.
All 48 of WACE’s current Global Institutional & Industry Partners are invited to bring up to three participants from their campus or business (limited space due to capacity at Nyenrode Business Universiteit’s campus hotel) for the price of $800 USD per participant. Additionally, Partners are encouraged to sponsor (also for the price of $800 USD) one new industry representative to participate in the Colloquium, network with our Global Partners, and to learn about WACE’s Partnership system. This new industry representative should not be from a current WACE Partner Corporation.
Arrive: Saturday, February 11, 2012 afternoon at Nyenrode Business Universiteit (located in Breukelen, which is 20 kilometers / 12 miles outside of Amsterdam)
Depart: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 after lunch
Cost: $800 USD per individual participant. This fee includes: Colloquium registration, three nights at the campus hotel, all meals, and transportation to/from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
Program: The Colloquium will include roundtable discussions, panels, keynotes, and possibly off-site visit(s)
Dates: Registration for the Colloquium will open on Monday, August 15, 2011 and will close on
Monday, December 12, 2011.
Please register at your earliest convenience, as space is limited.
Process: To register for this event, we will ask that each participating Partner Institution or Company complete one registration form for their delegation of one, two, or three people. Your individualized form has been sent to you via email by Michelle Hansford.
Payment: Please note that payment is due at the time of registration or no later than December 12, 2011. If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Hansford, WACE Director at email@example.com Thanks, and we look forward to sharing this new experience with you!