|THE DR. JOHN A. CURRY EMPLOYER AWARD FOR
IN COOPERATIVE & WORK-INTEGRATED EDUCATION
|Dr. John A. Curry is President Emeritus of both Northeastern University in Boston, MA and WACE. He served WACE with distinction and has been a major force in its advancement. In recognition of his outstanding leadership of WACE and his lifetime advocacy on behalf of work integrated learning, in July, 1996, the WACE Board named our highest award for a cooperative education employer in his honor. This prestigious award is to be presented at the bi-annual World Conference on Cooperative Education to an individual in recognition of high achievement and continuing commitment to the enhancement of international cooperative education.
CRITERIA: Significant contribution to international work integrated learning will be given priority in the selection of the recipient for this award. Ideally, the recipient will have:
Since the inception of this prestigious WACE Award in 1995, the following individuals have been honored:
- been innovative in implementing the hiring of international work integrated learning students;
- employed international work based education students for at least two years;
- implemented a training plan that assists students in adapting to the work setting and country; and
- been active in promoting the concept of work integrated education in his/her country.
- 1995 Robert C. Marini, CDM
- 1997 Mark Kilian, Lucent Technologies
- 1999 A.A. Nasution, P T Telekomunikasi
- 2001 Kurt W. Liedtke, Robert Bosche Corporation and Allan Rothlind, Saab Automotive AB
- 2003 John Schwenker, GE Aircraft Engines Corporation
- 2005 Andrew Scott, Tetley Group
- 2007 Adrian Jefferies, BP Castro
- 2009 Jim Watson, Scottish Enterprise
- 2011 William Finke, LEONI Wiring Systems Inc.
- 2015 Dr. Sampan Silapanad, Western Digital (Thailand)
- 2017 Mr. Supant Mongkolsuthree, Chairman, Synnex (Thailand) PCL & Vice President, T.K.S. Technologies PCL Thailand