WACE's 3rd International Research Symposium will focus on
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT in CWIE*
and will feature REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS & ACADEMIC POSTERS.
*Cooperative & Work Integrated Education (CWIE) is a term created by WACE
to acknowledge and embrace all forms of work-integrated learning.
INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM THEME
"CWIE Research: Expanding Global Collaborations & Opportunities"
RESEARCH TOPICS OF INTEREST AS IDENTIFIED BY
THE WACE INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COMMUNITY (IRC)
1. Accessibility: Gender, Indigenous, Disability, Socio-economic
|9. Mapping & Reconciling Goals Across Multiple Stakeholders
|2. Collaborations: Inter-institutional, Stakeholders & Inter-sectoral
|3. Faculty Engagement and Teaching for Transfer Students
||11. Policy & Practice within CWIE
||12. Quality Assurance & Assessment
||13. Resilience and Adaptability in a Changing
|6. Impact of CWIE on Communities and Society
||14. Teaching & Learning in CWIE
|7. Interdisciplinary Knowledge & Contexts
||15. Working with Employers of International CWIE Students
|8. International Students & International Partnerships
Refereed Research Paper & Academic Poster Deadlines
REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS:
August 15, 2017 to January 15, 2018: Abstract Submission Period for Refereed Research Papers
(with rolling review & acceptance; early submissions are highly recommended)
February 15, 2018: Full Refereed Research Papers due for double blind review
April 15, 2018: Double Blind Review ends and authors will receive comments by this date
May 15, 2018: Refereed Research Paper Presenters must register to be included in International Research Symposium Program
June 1, 2018: (Optional) Revised Refereed Research Papers due (based on reviewers' comments)
August 15, 2017 to April 15, 2018: Abstract Submission Period for Academic Posters
May 15, 2018: Academic Poster presenters must register to be included in the International Research Symposium Program
REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS
- Description: Refereed Research Papers are those that feature empirical work and may be either Quantitative, Qualitative or Mixed Methods research.
- Blind-Review Process: The review of the submitted paper will be conducted through a double blind-review process.
- Online Conference Proceedings: The full papers will be featured in the online Symposium Proceedings, which are housed on the WACE website. Should an author wish not to have his/her full paper featured due to a publishing conflict with a journal to which he/she will subsequently submit the paper, the author should notify the WACE Secretariat. The online Symposium Proceedings will contain an assigned ISBN.
- Presentation: Presentations will be scheduled in a 35 minute time slot, with indicatively 25 minutes of presentation and 10 minutes of discussion.
- Research Papers: All Refereed Research Papers should focus on CWIE research.
- Submission Criteria: If the abstract is accepted, a full paper must be submitted no later than February 15, 2018 for the double blind-review process, in which the paper will be critiqued by a team of international reviewers who will submit completed evaluation forms, which may contain recommendations for improvement (to be conveyed to author(s)), to the WACE Secretariat.
- Full Refereed Paper Requirements:
- Minimum of six 400 word double-spaced pages and not exceeding twelve 400 word double-spaced pages, not including the cover page, notes, or bibliography.
- APA format.
- On the cover page, include the title of the paper and all author names and institutions (the author information will be removed for the double-blind review process).
- Please see the WACE Refereed Paper Guidelines document available on the International Research Symposium webpage for detailed instructions.
- Please Note:
- Papers must be sent in Microsoft Word ONLY, PDF versions will not be accepted and will be returned to the submitting author.
- The acceptance of a paper after the refereeing process does not guarantee that it will be published by a journal. Publication will be at the discretion of the journal of your choosing.
- Description: All Academic Posters should focus on the International Research Symposium Theme and will present a variety of contributions on different topics, from different countries, and using different theoretical perspectives and methodologies. There will be a designated Academic Poster Session during the International Research Symposium which all delegates will attend.
- Presentation: Presentations will be scheduled in a one hour time slot, for attendance by all International Research Symposium delegates.
- Submission Criteria: Each submission must include the following:
- Title, authors and affiliations (only the first author will be contacted. He/she is responsible for contacting other authors regarding acceptance of the submission).
- A maximum 250 word abstract detailing the study, the methodology, and the results.
- Academic Poster Requirements:
- Upon acceptance, the academic poster should be scientific and contain the following sections: Title, Author(s) and affiliation(s), Abstract, Introduction with Rationale, Methods, Results, Discussion, Implications, and References.
- The dimensions should be 70 cm (wide) X 100 cm (high).
- Font size should be 68 - 75 for the title, 40 - 50 for headings, and 22 - 28 for all text, figures, and tables.
- The presenter(s) should bring paper copies and business cards for distribution.
- No projector is available in the room.